Dr. Alexander I. SOM
Born 1951; 1968-1974 - student of Welding
faculty of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute; 1974-1992 - research assistant
of E.O.Paton Welding Institute; 1985 - defended thesis "Wear-resistant
plasma facing of details of machine for reprocessing of polymeric
material " for the degree of candidate of technical science 1992 -
director of scientific-production company "Plasma-Master
Co. Ltd." - up till now
- development of new technological processes
of plasma transferred arc (PTA) surfacing method (valve seats, screws,
cutting and stamping tools, pipeline valves and etc.);
- development of new technological method
- plasma centrifugal surfacing;
- plasma torches for PTA-process;
- new alloys for surfacing;
- Publications: 31 publications in scientific
journals and collections including 10 the USSR inventors certificate.
Main fields of research: Theory of processes in plasma and their applications
for spraying, materials processing and plasma chemistry.
- Frumin I.I., Som A.I., Gladkiy P.V.
Plasma surfacing extruder srews injection machine //
Theoretical and technological basics of surfacing. Surfacing in mechanical
engineering and repair. - Kiev: PWI, 1981. - p.13-21.
- Som A.I., Gladkiy P.V., Perepletchikov
E.F. New wear-resistant alloy for plasma surfacing //
Surfacing wear-resistant and heat-resistant steels and alloys. Surfacing
materials. - Kiev: PWI, 1983. - p.7-11.
- Gladkiy P.V., Som A.I., Perepletchikov
E.F. Centrifugal plasma surfacing // New processes of
surfacing. Features of surfaced metal and transition zone. - Kiev:
PWI, 1984. - p.31-34.
- Som A.I. New plasma torches for
plasma transferred arc surfacing // Automatic welding. - 1999.
- ¹7. - p.44-48.
- Inventors certificate 600784 (the USSR).
Plasma torch for surfacing by powder additive material
// Gladkiy P.V., Som A.I., Perepletchikov E.F., Sarrykin Y.