Born 1954; 1976 - B.S. degree in Physics,
the Department of Physics at Kiev National University named after
T.G. Shevchenko; 1976 - Junior Scientist, Senior Scientist, Head of
the Theoretical Group of the same department, Leading scientist, of
he Department of Gas Discharge Physics and Plasma Devices of E.O.
Paton Electric Welding Institute - up till now. 1986 - M.S. degree
in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Postgraduate Course at Institute
for Theoretical Physics National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine; 1987
- Ph.D. degree in Physics and Mathematics, Thesis: "Electromagnetic
properties of inhomogeneous plasma systems".
- Main fields of research: Theory of electromagnetic processes in plasma (emission and absorption of electromagnetic radiation by plasmas and plasma-like media); Physics of gas discharges (arc, optical discharge, etc.) and their applications for welding, cutting, surfacing, spraying and other technologies of material processing.
- Current research interests: Development
of combined laser-arc processes for joining and treatment of materials,
including theoretical investigation and computer modeling of focused
laser radiation and arc discharge plasma interaction, as well as their
combined affecting the different materials; development of software
for computer-aided simulation of plasma technologies.
- Publications: 21 publications in referred journals and collections, US patent, 8 preprints and 14 communications to scientific conferences.
- Gvozdetsky, V. S., Zagorodny, A. G.,
Krivtsun, I.V., et al (1990) "Spectra of the spontaneous
radiation of a half-space inhomogeneous plasma", Fizika
Plazmy, 16, No. 5, 604-611.
- Bushma, A. I. and Krivtsun, I. V. (1992)
"Peculiarities of fine-dispersion ceramic particles heating
by laser irradiation", Fizika i Khimija Obrabotki Materialov,
No. 2, 40-48.
- Gvozdetsky, V. S., Krivtsun, I. V.,
Chizhenko, M. I. and Yarinich, L. M. (1995) Laser-arc
discharge: Theory and application, Welding and Surfacing
Rev., 3, Harwood, 148 pp.
- Krivtsun, I. V. and Chizhenko, M. I.
(1997) "Fundamentals of calculating laser-arc plasma
torches", The Paton
Welding Journal, 9, No. 1, 19-24.
- Dykhno, I. S., Krivtsun, I. V. and Ignatchenko,
G. N. Combined laser and plasma arc welding torch.
No.5700989, USA, Int. Cl. B23K 26/00, 10/00, published 23.12.97.
- Borisov, Yu. S., Krivtsun, I. V. and
Muzhichenko, A. F. (1998) Software
package for computer-aided simulation of plasma spraying process,
Abstracts of the 5th European Conference on Thermal Plasma Processes,
St. Peterburg, Russia, 1998, 91.
- Seyffarth, P and Krivtsun, I. V.,
Laser-Arc Processes and their Applications in Welding and Material
Treatment (will be published).
- Som, A. I. and Krivtsun, I. V.(2000)
"Laser + plasma: Search for new possibilities in surfacing"
, The Paton Welding Journal, No. 12, 34-39.
- Krivtsun, I. V. (2001) "Model
of evaporation of metal in arc, laser and laser-arc welding"
The Paton Welding Journal, No. 3, 2-9.