Prof. Stanislav V. Petrov
The Gas Institute of NAS of Ukraine
RPE TOPAS Ltd
Tel: (38 044) 402 3735
Fax: (38 044) 402 3735
Born 1947; 1969-1975 - the student of the Kiev Polytechnic Institute; the Gas Institute of NAS of Ukraine: 1975 - engineer, 1977 - scientific employee, 1982 - senior scientist, 1985 - conducting senior scientist, 1993 - the chief of RPE TOPAS Ltd - up till now. 1982 - Ph.D. degree in Technology and Machines of Welding Production, Thesis: "Researches and development of installations of increased capacity for spraying of coatings in combustion products plasma ", 1996 - Doctor of Technical Sciences degree in Technology and Machines for Welding and Related Process, Thesis: "Hardware - technological bases of thermal spraying of coatings and materials processing in gas - air plasma"
- Main fields of research: Theory of processes in plasma and their applications for spraying, materials processing and plasma chemistry.
- Current research interests: New engineering,
high technologies and plasma equipment.
- Publications: 2 monograph, 60 publications in referred journals and collections, 45 communications to scientific conferences and 22 patents.
- Petrov S.V., Karp I.N. PLASMA GAS AIR SPRAYING, Kiev. Naukova dumka, (1993), 495 p.
- Petrov S.V., Saakov A.G. COMBUSTION PRODUCTS PLASMA in SURFACE ENGINEERING, (2000), 265 p.
- Petrov.S.V. Technological usage of combustion products plasma and its generation. Ecotechnologies and resource saving (1999) No 3, p.73-80.
- Petrov S.V. Plasma synthesis in technology of thermal spraying Powder metallurgy (1997) No.9, p.34-38.
- Petrov S.V., Saakov A.G. Plasma hardening. Metal market. (1999) No.6, p.62-65.
- Petrov S.V., Saakov A.G. A new approach to restoring of worn-out locomotive crankshafts. Railway Transport of Ukraine (1999) No.5. p.25-28.
- Kolesnik V.V., Orlik V.N., Petrov S.V., Saakov A.G. Mathematical model of plasma heating for quenching. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov (1999) No.5, p. 29-32.